Dogecoin is an open source peer-to-peer digital currency, favored by Shiba Inus worldwide.
What is Dogecoin?
Dogecoin is a decentralized, peer-to-peer digital currency that enables you to easily send money online. Think of it as “the internet currency.”
What’s with Dogecoin and the dog?
“Doge” is our fun, friendly mascot! The Shiba Inu is a Japanese breed of dog that was popularized as an online meme and represents Dogecoin.
The fun and friendly internet currency.
Dogecoin sets itself apart from other digital currencies with an amazing, vibrant community made up of friendly folks just like you.
There are numerous amounts of ways to get Dogecoin. You can buy them, trade for them, get tipped, “mine” them, and more. They are surprisingly endless!
You can get tipped Dogecoin by participating in our community. If that’s not your style, the easiest way to have your first Dogecoin is to get them from a faucet.
A Faucet is a website which gives you a small amount of Dogecoin for free to introduce you to the currency! All you need is your Dogecoin address.
Here are a couple Dogecoin faucets:
- Dogefaucet.com – Enter your address to get free Dogecoin.
- InDogeWeTrust.com – Same as Dogefaucet.
You can also get Dogecoin by “mining” it. Mining is when you use your computer to process Dogecoin transactions by other people, and in return you get Dogecoin.
Mining is intended for advanced users only, as it requires a lot of technical knowledge to do. If you are interested, read more here.
Note: These online faucets and exchanges are not owned or maintained by Dogecoin or the Dogecoin Foundation. While we are satisfied they are trustworthy, reliable services – please use at your own risk.
- Algorithm: Scrypt with AuxPoW
- Target of maintaining approximately 100,000,000,000 DOGE in circulation after 1.5 years
- Block Time: 60 Seconds
- Difficulty Retarget: Digishield
- Premine: None
- Block 1-99,000: 0-1,000,000 Dogecoin Reward
- Block 100,000 — 144,999: 0-500,000 Dogecoin Reward
- Block 145,000 — 199,999: 250,000 Dogecoin Reward
- Block 200,000 — 299,999: 125,000 Dogecoin Reward
- Block 300,000 — 399,999: 62,500 Dogecoin Reward
- Block 400,000 — 499,999: 31,250 Dogecoin Reward
- Block 500,000 — 599,999: 15,625 Dogecoin Reward
- Block 600,000+: 10,000 Dogecoin Reward